- An individual admitted to membership on the exchange or any of its Divisions. Chicago Mercantile Exchange Glossary————See client Euroclear Clearing and Settlement glossary
* * *member mem‧ber [ˈmembə ǁ -ər] noun [countable]a person, group, or country that has joined a club or an organization:
• trade between members of the European Union
• The consortium will have 11 member companies.ˌfounder ˈmember , ˌcharter ˈmembera person, organization, or country that helped to establish a new organization, club etc and is one of its first members:
• Together with the Ukraine and the USSR, Belorussia became a founder member of the United Nations in 1945.
* * *member UK US /ˈmembər/ noun [C]► a person, company, or country that belongs to a group or organization: a member of sth »
She is a member of the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee.former/existing/new members »
Auditors said they had discovered ""possible illegal acts"" by former members of management.»
a staff/team member»
a board/committee/council member»
EU/NATO/WTO members► FINANCE, STOCK MARKET a shareholder of a company or other organization: »
The company will send a brief letter to all members within the next fortnight explaining what has happened and notifying them of the vote date.
Financial and business terms. 2012.